When most of us think about a day on the course, thoughts of blue skies, gentle breezes, green meadows, and chirping birds come to mind. Even though we’ve experienced an unseasonably warm winter so far in Southern Oregon, one look out your window right now is more than likely going to be filled with gray skies, potential rainfall, and chilly weather conditions. One secret great golfers know is that golfing during winter is the perfect time to prepare for your best game this Spring.
Here are just a few reasons you should be golfing during winter months:
- Golf anytime you want. While it can be challenging to get the perfect tee time during the spring and summer months, you have the pick of the schedule in the winter. There’s no reason to get up extra early to enjoy quiet hours on the course because it’s quiet most of the day!
- Fewer golfers. During peak months, there’s a lot of pressure to golf well and keep the game moving swiftly because the course is packed with your peers. This is the perfect time for beginners to join Eagle Point Golf Club and get familiar with the course without any pressure from other players. You can golf at your own pace and work on improving your game.
- You can clean the ball. Most golf courses use “winter rules” when winter weather has made the course wet or snowy. While local rules may be different from course to course, most will allow a player to pick up a ball that has landed in mud or slush, clean the ball, and then return it to the course within a prescribed distance.
- Maintain flexibility. Flexibility is a significant component of success on the golf course. When the weather turns gray and dreary, it’s easy to neglect physical activities and become lethargic–allowing muscles to shorten and get stiff. By maintaining a golf regimen throughout the winter, you’ll keep your body flexible and in shape so you’re ready to hit the greens like a pro in the spring.
- More time for lessons. Another perk of golfing while there are fewer golfers at the course is that it will be easier to plan for lessons that fit your personal schedule. This is a great time to work with an instructor who can observe your swing, provide you with targeted exercises, and spend a little more time on the course practicing new techniques.
Plan your winter getaway at the Resort at Eagle Point.
Lift your spirits and improve your golf game with a winter getaway at the Resort at Eagle Point. Now’s the perfect time to meet with our Head Golf Professional, Logan Genaw, to evaluate your swing and create a practice regimen designed to enhance your game. Logan will break down the science behind a swing in motion into customized exercises to help you achieve a better score.
What better way to escape the hustle and bustle of the holiday season than to reserve time for yourself with Stay and Play Package at the Resort. Enjoy luxurious accommodations at the Chalets and reward yourself with delicious meals prepared by our world-class chefs at the Talon Grill. Add to your experience with a visit to nearby Ashland and catch a special holiday production at the Oregon Shakespeare Festival. Our staff will plan your entire Stay and Play itinerary for you. You’ll feel refreshed and revitalized to tackle the new year! Give us a call at 541-879-3700 to arrange your getaway today!