You may enjoy sitting down and kicking back with a cold beer after a round of golf, but have you ever toured a craft brewery? Oregon is home to many small craft breweries that produce some of the finest blends in the country. Gone are the days when a few national brewers with beverages formulated in large warehouse-sized buildings captured the market. Today beer aficionados can select their favorite drinks from hundreds of small craft beer houses, many of them right here in Southern Oregon. If you enjoy a good beer, we can coordinate a beer-themed stay and play golfing getaway for you.
Tips for a Fun Beer-Themed Stay and Play Golfing Getaway
Touring a craft brewery–or two or three–is a fun way to spend the hours between games of golf. Here are a few tips for making the most of your brewery experience:
- Dress comfortably and warmly. Wear close-toed soft-soled shoes because your tour may involve a bit of walking and you may likely be touring behind-the-scenes work zones. The areas where beer is made and fermenting vats are located are often open to the outdoors, and it can get chilly. Wearing layers will ensure you can feel comfortable regardless of the environment.
- Ask questions. Sometimes the brewery owners give tours while other times you may be led by staff specifically hired for the job. Regardless, your tour guide welcomes questions, and speaking up will not only increase your knowledge but will make your visit more interactive and enjoyable. Remember, the only bad question is the one you don’t ask.
- Don’t assume there will be food. Before you head off to a tour on an empty stomach, find out if the brewery serves food or not. Some have full menus, others have snacks, and others don’t serve food at all. You might even be allowed to bring your own lunch with you, but always ask first.
- Try selections outside of your comfort zone. You probably already have a preferred style, whether it’s a lighter session ale or a darker imperial stout. This is your chance, however, to try many styles and learn how they are made. You might just find you like something you hadn’t expected.
- Don’t drink too much. The purpose of a brewery tour is to learn more about the processes independent brewers use in making their beers. While part of that process usually involves tasting a variety of beverages, it’s important to know your limits. The tour won’t be fun for everyone if you become overly intoxicated.
- Buy a souvenir. Bringing home a t-shirt or hat from a brewery visit is a fun way to remember your adventure. Those sales also provide valuable income to keep these small breweries operating. Your purchase is a win-win all around!
- Have the team at the Resort at Eagle Point coordinate your plans for you. The staff at the Resort at Eagle Point knows all the great local places to visit and will help you put together plans to make the most of your beer-themed stay and play golfing getaway. You’ll rest assured that your visit will include restful evenings in our luxurious accommodations, challenging rounds of golf at the Eagle Point Golf Club, delicious meals from world-class chefs at the Talon Grill, and visits to local attractions to round out your mini vacation.
Contact the Resort at Eagle Point for more information.
We’re excited to help you plan your perfect golfing getaway. Give us a call today at (541) 879-3700 for more information and to learn about current rates and promotions.